The Microsoft Office suite is a collection of various components, application and services that offers an enhancement to the work and documentation of the users. All the latest Office productivity suite like Office 365, Office 2013 or Office 2016 have been equipped with various new features like easy user interface, that made these products to be quite popular and trending Office products. To enjoy the features included in these latest Office productivity suites then, the users need to follow three main processes, they are as follows:
Sometimes the users may face some errors while installing the latest Office productivity suite like Office 365, Office 2013 or Office 2016 setups on to the device and one such Office installation error code is 0-1018. The Office error code 0-1018 is mainly caused, if any other process like installation, update or uninstallation of the Office product is already running on the device before the users tried to install the Office 365, Office 2013 or Office 2016 setups. Thus, it has been recommended to uninstall the previously installed Microsoft Office product.
Apart from this, there are many other causes of the error code 0-1018 like firewall rules, antivirus shield, system file error, windows installer errors, network conflicts or pre installed copies of the Office.
When the error occurs on the device, a message box is displayed on the screen that shows the message as shown below:
“We are sorry, but we could not start your Office installation. Another installation is in progress, please try again later.”
Follow the solutions mentioned below, one-by-one for resolving the Office installation error code 0-1018, easily:
Method 1: Uninstall and remove the previous version of Office:
- Click “Start” button on the taskbar.
- And then, select the “Control Panel” option.
- In the Control panel window, search for the “Programs and Features” option, either manually or use the search bar at the top-right corner of the window.
- Now, select the “Programs and Features” option.
- A window will appear on the screen that shows a list of all the programs installed on the device.
- Click the “Microsoft Office” and then, select the “Uninstall” option.
- After completing the uninstallation process, restart the device.
- Now, try to install the latest version of the Office.
Method 2: Temporarily disable the Firewall of the installed Antivirus:
- Launch the Antivirus software installed on to the device.
- Tap the “Firewall” option.
- Disable the firewall temporarily, by toggling the button displayed in front of it.
- Now, try to install the latest Office setup on the device.
- After successful installation of the Office setup, again toggle the button to enable the protection by the firewall.
After performing the aforementioned steps of resolving the Office error code 0-1018, if the error code still persists on the device then, the users may call the Office Support toll-free number to get an instant assistance.
Follow this link For More Information Office.com/setup