Microsoft Account is an online Office Account that enables the users to store and manage the details related to the purchased or subscribed Office versions by the users, along with the Office Product Key. Apart from this, the users could utilize the Office Account for purchasing the new subscription of the Office Setup.
Without considering the method adopted to purchase the Office Setup on the device, the users need to create the Office Account or the Microsoft Account. To get the steps to create the Office Account, go to the support section of the link: office.com/setup. By using the Microsoft Account, the users may login to the server applications, included within the purchased Office Setup.
Sometimes the users’ Office Account gets compromised i.e. some malicious user may be accessing their personal details and sending the spam emails, using their account. So, the below information contains the stepwise procedure to get back the Office Account, if the account has been compromised.
Steps to get back the Microsoft Office Account, if the account has been compromised are as follows:
- First of all, login to the Office Account by accessing the official website through the link: office.com/setup.
- And then, click the “Log In” option on the main page.
- After this, enter the email address and password of the Office Account within the corresponding fields.
- Now, do one of the following actions:
- If the users successfully sign in to the Office Account then, they may immediately change the password. To do so, click the “Change Password” option from the “My Account” drop down menu.
(Important Note: For getting any help regarding the steps to reset or change the password of the Office Account, call the Office Customer Support.)
- If the users are not able to sign in to the Office setup Account then, they may click the “Forgot my password” from the “Log In” page.
And then, click the “I think someone else is using my Microsoft Office Account” option. After this, follow the instructions displayed on the screen, for recovering the Office account.