Microsoft has come up with the improvements to server-side synchronization and Dynamics 365 App for MS-Outlook, as a plan to assist App for Outlook and the add-in in Dynamics 365 for Outlook.
The latest release of Dynamics 365 (online) version 8.2 is offering the users with the ability to track emails, tasks, and appointments in MS-Outlook as well as offers a special kind of MS-Outlook category which gets enable through server-side synchronization.
In a recent interview, Program Managers for Dynamics office 365 Customer Engagement, Maya Du mesh and Sharia Srinagar said that allowing the special Outlook category to the email, appointment, or task in Outlook will able to track the item to Dynamics 365. Similarly, removing the category from the tracked email, appointment, or task will let it untrack in Dynamics 365.
Some of the new features that got released recently 220.127.116.118, includes-
- Selecting the number of emails and labeling them as “Tracked to Dynamics 365” will let them track in Dynamics 365.The users can perform the other tasks with the help of Dynamics 365 App for MS-Outlook like Set Regarding. The possibility is that Outlook may get introduce with the process to assign or remove a category to automate category assignment.
- Letting another person manage the emails and calendars, by giving away the access to the delegates to track the emails and the appointments by assigning the “Tracked to Dynamics 365” category.
- Tracking MS-Outlook tasks to Dynamics 365 established on server-side synchronization rules by assigning the “Tracked to Dynamics 365” category in MS-outlook.
- Users can open up the Dynamics 365 App for MS-Outlook to view more details on a specific email or appointments.
- Vividly identifying the email messages and the calendar items that are tracked to Dynamics 365 with the Outlook Category “Tracked to Dynamics 365”.
Du mesh and Srinivasa further talk about the category-based tracking via server-side synchronization is a preferable experience. And the new features are currently available on Dynamics 365 (online) version 8.2, followed by the version 9.0 support to release in near future.